HOME            ABOUT            CONTACT ME            DISCLAIMER            ARTS & CRAFTS            MY BLOG AWARDS

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Garlic-Buttered Sliced Steak with Onions

Doesn't that just sound so yummy? I made this recipe last night, only as usual I made little tweeks here and there. I have followed this recipe to the "T" and OHHHH MAN is it good, but way to much food and all that butter is overwhelming, but that's what makes it ohh so good. I had to snap a pic of the onions in the pan, just because they looked wonderful. I served this up with some steamed asparagus and wild rice pilaf (purchased a box from Trader Joes). I also had french bread on the side, but I didn't have any so that's why it's not in the picture. I gotta watch the Girlish figure you know. LOL Okay anyway.

On the Lisa scale of easy to find the Ingredients - I give this a 10 I had everything in my house
Easy to Make - I give this a 12, hey it's my scale
Taste - I give this an 8, It was good, but i think my Mediterranean steak tastes better. lol

INGREDIENTS:

3 tablespoons extra-virgin Olive Oil, 3 turns of the pan
2 large yellow skinned onions, thinly sliced
2 roasted red peppers, drained well and thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
A generous handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
4 (1-inch) thick slices from a round loaf of good quality semolina bread, from the center of the loaf
4 tablespoons butter (I omitted this item , I just didn't wanted it more healthier)
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 (12 ounce) NY strip steaks


DIRECTIONS:

Preheat broiler. (I didn't toast my bread, lazy me, but come on it was 104 degrees at home last night)

Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low to medium heat, then add onions and roasted peppers, season with salt and pepper and cook gently until soft but not caramelized, 12 to 15 minutes. Stir in parsley.

Heat a large skillet or a cast iron griddle to high. (I heated up the BBQ, it's summer why not)

Toast the bread under broiler and reserve.

Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat, add garlic. Remove pan from the heat and set aside until the steaks are cooked. (okay instead of this, I just rubbed the garlic on the steak with some S&P, trying to keep it healthy people, no butter if not necessary)

Season 1 side of the steaks with salt and pepper and place seasoned side down in the hot skillet or griddle.. Cook 3 minutes until the meat can be moved easily. Season the reverse side of meat. Flip steaks, reduce heat to medium and cook 6 to 7 minutes for medium rare, 8 to 10 for just pink. Remove meat and let rest a few minutes. Slice steaks 1/4-inch thick against the grain. Top with Onions and Peppers, if you toasted your bread, place the sliced steak on top of the bread and top with onions and peppers and garlic butter if you made it.

Again cell phone pictures, I'm sorry, it's just so much more convenient. I added a pic of counter, just cause I think my little guys are super cute!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love the pictures on your blog...

Looks yummy...

Lady Di said...

This looks good. I'm always looking for new recipes. Poor family, otherwise it's the same ol' chicken and rice special.

Kelly said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for visiting my blog. The recipe looks great... you had me at "garlic butter"! And I love the wine holder!

Alicia said...

so jealous!! i had onion soup for lunch....dang allergies!