HOME            ABOUT            CONTACT ME            DISCLAIMER            ARTS & CRAFTS            MY BLOG AWARDS

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Breakfast anyone?

This is what we woke up to Saturday morning on our front porch. Poor little bird eggs.

Seriously though, they won't be missed. I have to admit I am glad that it is gone because the mess that has been left behind the past few days from the building of the nest has been insane.

Not to mention I had to scrub and scrub the egg mess off the ground because it had dried over night and stained our front porch. The Mama bird is a cutie, but I can't have her building a nest in the overhang of my front door.

Imagine you're ringing my door bell and you feel a plop on the top of your head. You touch your head with your hand only to feel something nasty and wet.
It's bird poop, well hello to you too.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

awww poor little eggies!!!

Betty Manousos said...

I know exactly what you mean.
The last paragraph too funny!LOL
Betty xx

____j said...

If a bird was building a nest anywhere on my house, I think I'd freak out. I absolutely HATE birds. ugh! Lucky you didn't have to go through the chirping the lil birdies would have been doing bright and early in the mornings!

Mrs. M said...

Hopefully she won't try again!

PS: I finished The Help a couple days ago - LOVED it!

Macey said...

We had some damn birds trying to make a nest on our porch. So messy! We moved em. Little pigs.

Emmy said...

Yeah not to mention the people the mama bird might try to attack once her babies were born. Definitely not a good spot for a nest.

kimert said...

Sadness!

Sabreena said...

Emmy is right, bird attacks are no joke and with a nest they are guarunteed. In highschool I had a nest on the way to school and that damn bird swooped at my head for 2 weeks straight. It was scary and a little embarrassing running away from a damn bird. I don't know what happened to the nest but she was gone and I was glad. If that nest had stayed you would have had some major bird attacks on your hands.