Well people, that's all changed! I'm in love and there's no turning back. Since I've had the Ereader I've read so many books. I'm currently reading the Quickie, it's all right. I'm not one for murder mystery books.
Here are some of the books I've read, since having the reader:
1) Lovely Bones - This book was all right. I found the style of writing difficult to read as the sentences at times didn't make sense. The book jumps quickly from one character to another without a smooth transition. I found myself, often, having to go back and re-read pages. I thought for a moment something was wrong with me, however I know others who feel the same way about the book. Despite the fact, I can't wait to see the movie.
2) The Blindside - I thought this was a great book. I think everyone should read this book. It had it's slow parts, when they were talking about football back in the 80's, however I think it really made the book in the end. The little brother is hilarious! I can't wait to see the movie.
3) The five people you meet in heaven - If you need a good cry, then read this book. Great, quick read.
4) The Notebook - I've been dying to read this book so I could finally see the movie. I was very disappointed in the book and the movie. I think after waiting so long, I had higher expectations. The book started off well, then I became bored. It did have a nice ending. Too fairy tale for me.
Why I like the Ereader over the Kindle:
1) It's a touch screen. Come on now, need I say more?
2) You can share your books. This makes it priceless. I just put my books on an SD card and hand it over to my friends who have Ereaders. Kindle you can't share books at all! Isn't the whole point of reading books, being able to share them with friends.
3) It comes in pretty colors (Red, Silver, Black and Pink), unlike the Kindle's boring White.
4) You can rent books from your library online. HELLO KINDLE, you can't do that!
5) It's wireless (not my version, the new Ereader version is). I don't think this is worth the extra $100 as since I can share books, I don't see myself having to buy as many books. The Kindle is wireless as well so I guess this makes them even in this category.
6) It's easily readable with the book light. I've heard the Kindle sucks when using the book light.
7) The Ereaeder reads various formats, such as PDF. The Kindle not so much. Only Amazon formatted books. Yeah no thanks!
8) People can by you Ereader gift cards easily from Best Buy. $25 and $50 denominations.
9) It's an MP3 player and holds all your photos. Kindle, eat your heart out!
So I've talked two people into purchasing the Ereader. My sister and a Co-worker, which is really great because now we can swap books. Talk about saving money! Not to mention it's small and thin enough to fit in my purse and take anywhere. Another perk is they have children's books as well. So not only do I always have a great book on hand to read, so does my son. BOOOO YAHHHHH SON! This is the BEST INVENTION EVER!!
So I've decided to start a BOOK CLUB with my co-workers. Our first book is going to be:
THE HELP, by Kathryn Stockett
The book club will begin on Feb 1st, as most of us are currently in the middle of reading other books at this time. If you want to join in, please do!
What have you been reading?